Fri 17-May-2024

IOF withdraws from northern Nuseirat, leaving behind dozens of martyrs, massive destruction

Thursday 18-April-2024

GAZA, (PIC)

The Palestinian Civil Defense announced on Thursday a complete withdrawal of the Israeli occupation army from the northern Nuseirat refugee camp in the central Gaza Strip, leaving behind dozens of martyrs following a military operation that lasted 8 consecutive days.

“After the Israeli forces’ withdrawal, Civil Defense crews were able to recover a number of martyrs, while many others are yet under the rubble,” Civil Defense said in a statement.

The statement stressed the need for “heavy excavation equipment and machinery” for search operations for the bodies of martyrs.

The Israeli military attack deprived the people of Nuseirat of the most basic humanitarian services, such as water and sanitation, the mayor of Nuseirat said in a press statement.

The mayor called on the international community to provide necessary needs, especially fuel which is required to operate water wells and sewage pumps.

The Israeli Army Radio had earlier announced that the army “ended the raid that targeted the outskirts of the Nuseirat camp.”

The raid resulted in 520 martyrs, wounded and missing people in one week, and the destruction of 14 towers and residential buildings, as well as dozens of homes sheltering the displaced, according to the Government Media Office in Gaza.

Short link:

Copied